Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Welcome to my Blog!

Hello Everyone!
This is officially my first blog post ever!! YAAYYY and I am so excited to share with you my love of fashion art, food, travel, beauty, basically anything and everything that I come across in life. I have created this blog in order to share with you my fashion inspirations, hauls, beauty looks, tutorials for DIY projects and to give advice about fashion and beauty/health questions anyone might have.

Before I start talking about fashion, here is a bit of information about myself:
My name is Susan Buttice (pronounced Boo-teach-ey), I am 22 years old (23 in a few short weeks) and am of Italian and Portuguese descent. I'm from the beautiful city of Montreal, Quebec (That's in Canada in case you didn't know). I am currently a full-time student at Concordia University completing my graduate degree in chartered accounting (didn't see that coming did you?) and I work for Lady Dutch which is an awesome women's clothing brand that has all the latest in fashion trends. I've seen their line-up for the next few seasons to come, and let's just say I'll be spending a LOT of money on their clothing in the next year. If you want to check them out, here is their website:
 Lady Dutch

So enough about me for now, I'm sure we'll get to know each other better in no time. Without further ado, here is my first fashion Haul from my Gorgeous trip to none other than.....
MIAMI
I absolutely love this city! The beach is amazing, shopping is great and nightlife is unbeatable, South Beach anyone? I cannot say enough about Miami, I've been there about 5 times now and it never gets old. It reminds me a lot of Montreal, except that it has the beach!

So what did I buy while in this beautiful city? Unfortunately here in Canada there are a lot of beauty products we cannot get that you can find in most convenience stores like Walgreens or CVS. Not to mention that the shopping at outlets like Sawgrass Mills is WAY cheaper and so worth it as compared to here in Quebec with our high taxes! First we'll start out with the beauty products that I bought at a 24 hour (love that they have pharmacies open 24 hours :D) Walgreens.

Nail polish: Essie & Sinful Colors
From Left to Right: Boxer Shorts (Greyish Blue Purple), Stroke of Brilliance, Mojito Madness, and Sinful Colors 920
I have tried all of these polishes thus far and they are all very true to color. Boxer Shorts and Mojito Madness are almost completely opaque with just two coats, same thing goes for the Sinful colors polish which I paid only 1$ For! Stroke of Brilliance is a beautiful shimmery color. It shines silver and blue and looks really lovely on top of Boxer Shorts. I was always in the water at the beach, so unfortunately the polishes chipped very quickly even with my OPI Top coat. I'll have to test them out once again now that I'm back home and my nails are not submerged in water all the time.

Next up on the list is Maybelline's Color Tattoo cream eyeshadows in Bad to the Bronze and Tenacious Teal
From Left to Right: Bad to the Bronze, Tenacious Teal
These colors when swatched look absolutely gorgeous. Typically I do not like cream shadows because I find they tend to crease on me since my lids get very oily by the end of the day. I have yet to try these out, but after trying to wash of the swatches on my hand, I have a feeling that their 24 hour staying power claim may actually be true. Here is what they look like swatched on the back of my hand



The third product I purchased from Walgreens is Rimmels' Sweet Smoulder eyeshadow quad.
Rimmel's Sweet smoulder


I have to say that when I swatched the colors I had to go back for a second dip into the product to give a true reflection of what the colors look like on skin. I was disappointed with the fact that they are not very pigmented, especially the black. All four colors are very shimmery and a little bit chalky so I expect there to be quite a bit of fallout. I'll let you know my final opinion on this once I use it.

The next thing I purchased was the Milani Illuminating Face powder in Amber Nectar



There isn't much color to this powder. On the skin it shimmers slightly and has just a hint of a peach color but if you want to use this as a bronzer I wouldn't suggest it. It may work as a bronzer for people with fairer skin but if you have a medium skin tone like I do, it would be best to use this as a highlighter. Overall I really like it as a highlight shade and would definitely buy it again.

Last but not least for beauty products, I did not buy this during my trip but I ordered it online from Sigma Beauty which comes from the U.S so I thought it fitting to include it here. I purchased the Mrs. Bunny Essential Brush Kit made with Sigmax fibers.


I'm sure that many of you are avid fashionistas and self taught beauty experts and would agree with me that Sigma has some of the best brushes out there. Not only are the brushes super soft, but they apply product like a dream. I haven't even used all of them yet but I am already in love with them. I intend to have a full review of these brushes posted in the near future so stay tuned!

Now for my fashion haul. Sad part about this is that I didn't buy much when it comes to clothing on this trip. My main goal when shopping on vacation this year was to buy things for an upcoming wedding I have in mid august. So my mission was to find the perfect dress and accessories to wear. Luckily for you and I, my mission to find the perfect outfit was a success! Here are the items I purchased and intend to wear the day of the wedding.

First things first, the shoes, I cannot stress how much I love shoes. I officially have no more room in my closet for shoes and yet I keep buying them.


I bought these shoes, you guessed it, at Guess! They were a real steal, I paid them less than 75$, which is pretty much unheard of here in Quebec for Guess shoes. Because they have a slight platform in the front these shoes are extremely comfy. I can wear them all day without my feet hurting.

The next thing I purchased on my trip was a pair of sunglasses from Coach. The store was absolutely jam packed with people from corner to corner because it was raining that day, so obviously everyone decided to go shopping.


I didn't necessarily buy these for the wedding, but I needed a new pair of shades since all of mine kept breaking. It even came with a cute little case :) Once again I paid these only 58$ ! Pretty amazing right?

Now we get into the really good stuff. I found a gorgeous bracelet at a very small costume jewelry store whose name I don't remember. (I tend to be very forgetful, ask my boyfriend and he'll agree with me on that one) This bracelet is the perfect mix of rosegold, bronze and gold.

It has a magnetic clasp that holds extremely well and the details on it are just gorgeous. I have already received a lot of compliments on this piece.

To go along with my rosegold bracelet, I also bought a rosegold Armani watch and a rosegold clutch from Michael Kors. I was able to buy them for very inexpensive, but I won't say how much ;) I absolutely love these pieces and can't wait to wear them.




 Last but not least, the piece de resistance! For those of you who do not speak french, it's the masterpiece, the dress. I found this dress at BCBG and instantly fell in love with it.

Front View
Back View
Lace Detailing
I am so excited for this wedding just so that I can wear this dress! It is fitted like a glove and the drapery of the chiffon pieces just makes the dress so flowy and gorgeous. Let me know what you think of all the pieces of my outfit together in the comments below. Anything you suggest? I am still debating on how to wear my hair the day of. Let me know what you think :)

Thank you so much for reading my first ever blog entry! I really hope you enjoyed it. Let me know in the comments below if there is anything you want me to post about. I am 100% open to suggestions! I'll try to blog as frequently as possible, hopefully twice to three times a week. Once again thanks, and A la Prochaine!

2 comments:

  1. I love the bracelet!

    And I should seriously paint my fingernails again soon. They've been naked for far too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress, so gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips