Wednesday, November 14, 2012

November Top Box Review

Hello lovelies!
I am back once again with another haul/review of my first Topbox. I was super surprised at how quickly I received my Topbox considering that Glymm would take forever in the past. I really like all the products I received from them this month. The only disappointment was that I didn't get as many products as I thought I would. I received three sample sized item and one full size, which is not bad I guess. Also Topbox provides a little note card explaining what each product is an what it does, which Glymm lacked. Lastly, Topbox didn't come with a bag but rather a cute tube shaped box which I thought was cute. I could probably use it for some type of storage. Now onto the product review.

From left to right, top to bottom: China Glaze in Exotic Encounters, Benefit They're Real Mascara, Roberto Cavalli Eau de Parfum, and Cuccio Naturale Butter in pomegranate


Benefit: They're Real! Mascara
I am already a die hard fan of this mascara and own the full size. I was thrilled to get a small sample size because I had been wanting to take this mascara in my makeup bag but didn't want to bring my tube of it from home or buy a second one. This mascara curls and volumizes your lashes super well. I personally have very straight and sparse lashes so this product works wonders. A full size tube is usually around 29$ and you can get it at most shoppers drug mart (Pharmaprix for us quebecers), Murale and Sephora.

China Glaze Nailpolish in Exotic Encounters
I have never tried a China Glaze nailpolish before but I have heard a lot if good things. I received a full size polish, and according to my information card given by Topbox, these polishes are supposed to help harden nails and provide a china like finish with high shine. I am definitely going to try this out tonight and I'll post swatches and a review in a weeks time to let you know if it's staying power is all it's cracked up to be. It's typically priced between 10-12$ and you can get this at nail salons.

Cuccio Naturale Butter blend
This is a moisturizer for hands and body that is supposed to have ten times the moisturizing power of any regular cream. It is a non oily intense hydrating treatment for silky smooth skin. I received a very small tube and I was skeptical of just how long it would last. However after opening it and trying it, my worries completely faded away. With this moisturizer, a little but goes a long way. I used hardly a pea sized amount and it covered both my hands. It smells absolutely amazing and my skin showed an immediate difference. I would definitely buy a full size of this product which is 18.95 and is available on Topbox.ca

Roberto Cavalli Deluxe Miniature Eau de Parfum
This perfume as I understand it is the new release for 2012 from RC. I personally am a Just Cavalli junkie. I think I have gone through about ten bottles of that perfume since I discovered it in high school. Although the smell of the sample is quite different, I think that once my 'discontinued' Just Cavalli really does disappear off the shelves, that this new release has a fine chance of becoming my favorite perfume. The scent is quite a bit stronger and has a sort of floral yet citrusy scent. I'm really not great at describing fragrances. A full size bottle is about 105$ and can be found at a lot of places such as The Bay or Sears. Some pharmacies hold it as well. I don't think I would dish out 105$ though unless I really loved the scent more than Just Cavalli, which I don't. I would suggest getting a sample at your local retailer and judging for yourself. I could easily see this becoming someone's holy grail perfume.

That's it for this months Topbox. I thoroughly enjoyed the products I received and I look forward to the next one. Ill be posting a mini-haul as well as my review of Glymm's bag for November in the very near future so stay tuned for that!! Thanks again for reading, don't forget to comment below, and A la prochaine!!

Stay Beautiful,
~Suzy
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips