Monday, November 19, 2012

October/November Favourites 2012

Hello Lovelies!
Aren't I spoiling you?? Three posts in one week. I think it's a record ^_^ Anyway... I was cleaning up my makeup organizer and got rid of a bunch of products that I knew I would never use again. I realized while doing so that I had accumulated products that I had purchased over the last month and a half that I am absolutely loving, and I never posted about it. So without further ado, here are my October/November favourite beauty products.

Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter

I recently discovered these after hearing rave reviews from many makeup gurus on Youtube. I was never a fan of lipstick, or lip gloss for that matter, and was really a chapstick kind of girl. I have very dark pigmented lips naturally and so a lot of lip colors do not look nice on me. I realized that it wasn't the lipstick that didn't look nice on me, I just needed to find a lipstick in a texture and color that would work for me. I decided to try these out seeing as how they are relatively inexpensive and I tried four different colors.

From Left to Right: Lollipop, Cupcake, Sweet Tart and Red Velvet
From Left to Right: Lollipop, Cupcake, Sweet Tart and Red Velvet
These lip butters are extremely moisturizing and very pigmented. My favourite of the four colors that I purchased for fall has to be by far the Red Velvet. The swatch on my hand seems very red, but when applied to the lips, it is a deep burgundy red, almost an oxblood red color. Cupcake is the only lip butter of the four which comes out much more sheer than shown, and is a true bubblegum pink. It would look very nice on someone with fairer skin tone with naturally lighter/pinker lips than mine, so if you fit that description I highly recommend it for you.

Revlon Color Burst Lip gloss

I also purchased two of the lip glosses from the same line from Revlon and they are equally amazing. They look great paired on top of any of the color burst lipsticks, or worn alone if you want a more day to day look.

From left to right: Strawberry and Crystal Lilac
The color strawberry is a very pink red with multicolored shimmers, and Crystal Lilac is a nuded pink with very iridescent almost blue shimmer. I will definitely be purchasing more of these lip glosses in the future.

That's it for the lip products, now onto the eyes.

Maybelline Eye Studio Eyeshadow Quad
Olive Martini
I first saw this eyeshadow quad in a tutorial by Tiffany D on Youtube. I thought the colors were absolutely gorgeous and that I had to try this quad out for myself. The colors are extremely pigmented and unique. They are perfect for a Christmas or even New Years makeup look. Here is a close up shot of the colors and swatches.




Unfortunately in the swatch it really does not give a true representation of what the colors look like. I have very naturally dark skin that is olive toned, so the colors don't show true on my hand. I would highly recommend that you check out the tutorial by Tiffany D. This eyeshadow quad is actually Limited Edition so make sure you pick it up before it's no longer available. When I went to the pharmacy to pick up this pallet, I found a second one which was equally as gorgeous and part of the regular collection.

Green with Envy



The colors in this pallet are a little more subdued but still give vibrant color. I would recommend using a really good primer with both pallets because they are very shimmery and you don't want to have too much fallout. An eyeshadow primer like Urban Decays Primer Potion of Two-faced Shadow Insurance would be great choices.

L'Oreal Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner in Blackest Black
I had been wanting to buy a really good gel liner for quite some time, so I picked this one up after reading reviews and I absolutely fell in love with it. It is very creamy and it's staying power is great. The packaging comes with an application brush which works really well. Personally I prefer to use an angled brush from my Sigma kit, but the one provided works just fine if you have no other alternative. They do not called it blackest black for no reason, it truly is very dark and very pigmented.



That's it for face products, now onto the nails.

Essie - Trophy Wife
When I first saw this color, I didn't think I would like it very much. I thought it would be a lot darker than what it actually came out as on my nails. After applying it however, I was pleasantly surprised. It was not nearly as dark as I thought it would be, and it went on completely opaque after just two coats. This color is great for winter holidays and would be great to wear to a party or upcoming event.



That's it for my October/November Favourites. I hope this little review/haul helps you find your next fall/winter fave product. If you have any questions or suggestions for what you want me to talk about next, please don't hesitate to write it in the comments below! Stay beautiful and A La Prochaine!

Fashionabli Yours,
~Suzy
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I love the Revelon Colorburst lipbutters! And the cute polish(:

    http://urbanabold.blogspot.com/

    -Autumn & Athena

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips